Wednesday 28 April 2010

Slow, slow, slow


I need to go slower. It's just true :-) I feel like I am emerging from a two and a half week depressionish thing brought on by moving too fast. I love knowing myself because I was able to recognize it and gently get through it by focusing on love and rest. I'm still not sure about blogging. I definitely need a break, but then I use it to express and reflect so then I feel like I'm losing an outlet. I also feel like I'd lose connections to great people and inspiration. What is it supposed to be???? I guess what I make it. I think I make it out to be more than it has to be. Maybe that's the thing...stop looking for the "supposed to" and just enjoy...the story of my life! I'll figure it out...or at least keep blogging about figuring it out, lol!


In other news, I've been combing out my locs (dreads) because I'm ready to move on. I've been planning this for a few months...reading about styling natural African American hair in terms of products and options. After a week and a half, I'm about half way through and I anticipate it will be like two weeks more unless I really kick behind this weekend. It's tough because I have to keep a professional look during the day, so I have to take it slow. Ah, there that slow word goes again. Anyhow it's been fun and it feels really good. I am anxious about the reveal!


Last but not least, I stepped out of a box today. I am shy(ish) by nature. I used to be able to approach people and talk lots, but it was an act. As I get older, I don't have the energy for it and I ended up feeling like a little turtle in a safe, warm shell, ahhh...oh, yeah this is about getting out of that... So anyhow, today I approached a student I worked with and asked how everything was going. Turns out after we worked together, he got an internship in the field he wanted and has another this summer. Score!! He was also jazzed that I remembered him and seemed to really perk up. It does feel good to know people are in your corner, right? Double score!!
OK, I've chatted your eyes off. I'm going to take this slow. I'll try to peak in on my birthday Friday. *love and hugs* :)

2 comments:

  1. "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
    Read that on Kind Over Matter blog this morning. Love how it applies to your out of the box story. That student will always remember that you made him feel heard and seen. That is something, Kiddo !
    Love the go slow attitude. I am even thinking of stopping planning all together and just going with the flow for a while myself. Go slow to go fast, my Mom always says. If ONLY I could really learn that one.
    Glad we are on this slow Peace train together.
    Love to you, Sweet Girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too get this "depressionish" thing you speak of, where I am not at all happy blogging, or tweeting, and even am fed up with all things Etsy and Etsy related. I am in one right now actually where I do not want to blog or tweet or even turn on the computer. I too worry about losing my connections and friends and my outlet should I stop, but I wonder what does it matter really if I am not happy doing it? Yet I put off making any major decision about it and keep doing it. I am not sure why though.
    Every time I have deleted my blog I have regretted it though so I am not sure what the answer is. I am wondering if maybe I am just burnt out on Etsy and being on line in general.

    Good luck with your hair, I hope you like it. And congrats on speaking to your student and it turning out good.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete